According to the National Council of Aging, falls account for 66% of all injury related hospital admissions for patients over the age of 65. 33% of all patients over the age of 65 and 50% of patients over the age of 80 fall at least once in a given year. Getting immediate help after a fall increases chances of survival by over 80% and dramatically increases the chance of remaining independent.
Polaris Home Care utilizes a mobile medical alert system provided through a pendant. This pendant provides our clients with the ability to reach our agency directly if they were in distress or recently fell. The pendant also has the ability to automatically detect falls. After being triggered, we can directly dispatch a caregiver from our agency or reach out to family to resolve minor issues, or call emergency personnel if required. The Polaris365 program allows us to ensure that our clients can receive care when ever needed to ultimately prevent hospital admissions.
- When triggered directly through the button or when a fall is detected, up to 5 contacts can be called or texted immediately, our agency being one of them.
- Automatic fall detection is built-in. Sends “fall-alert” immediately to contacts.
- Optional wandering alerts when user exits a defined area.
- The pendant has 2-way hands-free voice communication with high quality, easy to hear audio.
- Uses GPS and Google maps to send the client’s exact location to their contacts immediately.
- Anyone can call the pendant directly and the pendant can call out to a nominated contact.
- The pendant is completely waterproof, comfortable, and its weight is unnoticeable.
- All features and settings are completely customizable in seconds.
To learn more, please call us at (408)-400-7020 for a free consultation.