Types of Personal Care We Provide
Performing activities of daily living can become troublesome for a senior dealing with the health dilemmas that often come with age. Arthritis, dementia, mobility problems and other issues can interfere with key areas of personal care. Personal care is a difficult area of senior care for many family members, as it involves private matters such as dressing, bathing and using the bathroom. With the right approach and gentle assistance, the right caregiver can make a significant difference while maintaining their sense of independence.
At Polaris Home Care, we strive to offer the level of care that can help a senior in virtually every aspect of his or her daily life. This may include:
- Helping a patient with bathing and showering as needed, based on his or her unique needs and requests.
- Assistance with personal hygiene, including hand-washing, brushing teeth and more.
- Bathroom assistance ranging from minimal to complete with the utmost sensitivity to privacy and respect.
- Help with dressing and undressing as needed in a respectful manner.
- Assistance with walking in and out of the house as desired based on the patient’s requests.
- Skilled transfer assistance, which may refer to help in getting in and out of a wheelchair, bed, vehicle, etc.
- Incontinence care as deemed necessary in a respectful manner
Creating A Safe Living Environment
- Falls are the leading cause of hospitalizations for seniors and they often result in long-term health concerns. Making sure seniors have a safe living environment at home is pivotal in preventing injuries and helping them stay in the comfort of their own homes. To assist in accomplishing this, Polaris Home Care performs free Home Evaluations for all of our clients before the start of service. We will make recommendations on rearrangements in the house and any modifications that might be necessary. Your safety is our priority.
- Change the text in the orange box to ”If interested in finding out more about our personal care services or to schedule a home evaluation, please contact us today to talk to one of our experienced care representatives”
If interested in finding out more about our personal care services or to schedule a home evaluation, please contact us today to talk to one of our experienced care representatives.