Grocery Shopping Services for Seniors in Santa Clara County
Providing Aid to Allow Maximum Independence for Seniors
Grocery shopping is an important aspect of senior care. Whether your elderly loved one is capable of accompanying you to the market or is confined to the home, you need to ensure the correct groceries are purchased to provide healthy meals and personal care items.
At Polaris Home Care, we recognize the role grocery shopping plays in overall senior well-being, which is why this is one of the services we include in our care plans. We can provide safe, reliable transportation and can accompany you or your loved one to the grocery store or can complete grocery shopping independently based on your unique needs.
Interested in obtaining grocery shopping and other home care services in the Bay Area for your elderly loved one or for your own home? Call (408) 560-4460 for a free consultation.
Grocery Shopping for Elderly: How a Home Care Provider Can Help
Grocery shopping may seem like a relatively simple task, but it can be quite daunting or even impossible for a senior to accomplish on his or her own.
There are many ways we can help in this regard, including:
- Helping a senior get ready to leave the house, including getting dressed, using the restroom and more.
- Driving to and from the store.
- Getting in and out of the vehicle, selecting a cart and returning a cart when done with shopping.
- Walking, pushing the cart and selecting items to place in the cart, including reaching, lifting and lowering groceries.
- Loading and unloading groceries to and from the vehicle.
- Putting away groceries at home.
- Help with meal planning to put together a grocery list that makes sense nutritionally while addressing personal preferences and budgetary concerns.
For a senior, grocery shopping can present physical and emotional challenges. Let a Santa Clara and San Mateo County home care professional at Polaris Home Care help. Call (408) 560-4460 today!